Friday, November 11, 2011

Excerpts from John A Clements Civil War Diary

I thought since it was Veterans Day I would post some pages from the diary of John A Clements. Maybe I'll get the others added later. These were interesting to me because he becomes a prisoner of war August 20, 1864. Also the places he mentions, from Georgia to Virginia are the areas our families still live in today. 
     At the time I am posting this I cannot tell you exactly who John A Clements is or his place in our family tree. (Anyone who knows is welcome to tell me so I don't have to hunt!!) My brother Larry had given me copies of this and another diary, but if he told me where he found them, I don't remember. 
     There are many websites where you can do research on Civil War genealogy: www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/, footnote.com, cyndislist.com.
     Sorry for the way it is presented. Hopefully you will be able to enlarge so that you can read it. More later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy! This is Jordan (Rhonda and Mike's son). This is great--thank you for posting it. Would love to see more of it!

    I believe this is John Adam Clements, son of Adam C. Clements and Mary Wilson Hill Park. He married Louisa Jackson Suttle. If you're not sure how they fit into the tree just let me know!

    ReplyDelete